Re: homophobia. No OtR content

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com
>
>On 7/22/01 1:21 AM, quoth soberman_69 at hotmail_com:

Dang!  I don't rate as among "the brilliant"?  Is this because our views
differ?  Hmmm...

Also, I sincerey hope that the "homophobia" in the subject heading is not
directed to me.  I'm less afraid of Willow's relationship to Tara than the
demons when watching "Buffy".  Far, far less afraid. ;-)

> >It appears to me that, had He willed
> >it to be, homosexual marriage would have been allowed by the church
> >centuries ago.
>
>Do NOT confuse your church and religous laws with what's morally right
>for others.

Actually, the statement in question is concerned with God's will, not the
church's law.  The church, as a man-made institution, is subject to flaws
and is not the ultimate source of truth.  (I realize we've hit a brick wall
there, sadly.)
>Who is anyone
>to tell anyone else they're wrong because of whom they love?

Where does it stop then?  Mothers and sons?  Fathers and daughters?  Two
Brothers?  Aunt's and nieces?  Cousins?  Etc.  I mean, if they are in love
and consenting adults...

I'm not being facetious.  Really, the reason we have moral guidelines is to
prevent such boundaries from being crossed.  They should be universal and
apply to all people, and only can if and when there is acknowledgement of
the reality absolute truth versus the dilemma of moral relativism.

And I wouldn't presume to tell anyone that loving another is wrong.  If I
were to love my sister or even a married woman (Karin, fer instance) and not
lust after her or attempt to take it to "action verb" status...if it
remained as a mere noun, more or less, nobody could condemn me for it.
Love, as those wise l'il Powerpuff Girls once sang, makes the world go
'round.

>I mean, let me ask this of all the gays and bis on this list: do you feel
>like you're diseased?

We are all diseased.  Sin is disease of the soul and we've all got it.  It
would be tragic if gays and bis felt singled out.

Ysoie, let's get to the nitty gritty.  Tell me what you really think...about
the recent annoucement that there will be no Buffy/Angel crossovers this
year.  Also, did you see "Ghost World" yet and how does it compare to the
comic? (Heck, anyone see it?)