Re: homophobia. No OtR content

On 7/22/01 1:21 AM, quoth soberman_69 at hotmail_com:

>It appears to me that, had He willed
>it to be, homosexual marriage would have been allowed by the church
>centuries ago.

Hm. And it was, what, two or three years ago that the Southern Baptist
Convention decided to make a special point of "reaching out" to the Jews
during the High Holy Days. I'm sure in their eyes it was what G-d
intended all along.

Do NOT confuse your church and religous laws with what's morally right
for others. What you might consider fine I might find stomach-churningly
offensive.

And as for "leaving the homosexual lifestyle," maybe so many gays
wouldn't find it necessary to try to "cure" themselves if their churches
didn't tell them they were diseased in the first place. I mean, why is it
an issue for anyone other than the man or woman involved? Who is anyone
to tell anyone else they're wrong because of whom they love?

I mean, let me ask this of all the gays and bis on this list: do you feel
like you're diseased? You can answer me privately; I won't name names if
you don't want me to.