Cornerstone hope

In general regard to the Cornerstone festival seminars, I find the best by
far for my temprament are the ones at the Imaginarium and the Artrageous
tents.  For those who have stayed away because the seminars sound like
they're made for kids, I simply must say that you are dead, dead
wrong.  Sherry Pofahl from this list (at the time - Sherry and I got
married last month) and I did a bit of wandering and walked into an
incredible discussion of legend, truth, and the Bible at the Imaginarium
tent last year.  The theme there last year was faerie and fantasy (lots of
Chesterton, Lewis, Tolkein, and MacDonald, not to mention Neil Gaiman,
R. K. Rowling, and a few others), and we enjoyed the interactive nature of
the discussions.

They also had a fine discourse called "King Kong died for your Sins", an
examination of Christ figures in myth and movie.  Wow.

We had really gotten a bad taste from one of the speakers that was
discussing sin in the Church earlier in the festival, and we were
gratified that C-Stone (headed, I think, by the ever-cute-in-his-hat Mike
Hertenstein) was putting together discussions that freaky weird people
such as ourselves (and the folks on this list) might actually
enjoy.  Oddly enough, it was a guy that I talked to while waiting for the
showers that pointed us at it - we got talking about the geek comic
_Knights of the Dinner Table_ and he asked why we haven't made our way to
the Imaginarium tent.

We were terribly glad that we did.  I _really_ wish I had gotten to see
the new film festival that Mike was putting together -
"Flickerings" sounded pretty interesting...

-Drew J

O ^ ^   Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew       )
O(_|_)       Heading back to the Pres House after all these years          X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |