RE: Carmen

In a message dated 7/18/01 12:03:50 PM Central Daylight Time, Black Daver
writes:

<< Doesn't Jesus say
 > that it takes the simple faith of a child? >>

My experience with children shows that they are not looking for the easy way
out.  They WILL point out inconsistencies, they WILL ask the hard questions,
and they WILL NOT let you off with the easy answer to their questions. They
want you to play with them, to love them, while trusting you to help them see
the world.

They are not trusting of everyone, but will take the hand of those they
trust...and will rebel against what they don't or can't understand.  Children
do not aimlessly follow anyone into anything! To go with people they don't
know, or have not built a trusting relationship with, they must be lured,
seduced, tempted beyond their ability to resist.

My relationship with children has helped me to see the admonishment to have
faith as a child more clearly...