Re: Cornerstone dismay

> > i cannot believe that God has any problem with homosexulaity.  I
> > cannot believe that it is a sin.  If the bible says that it is, then
> > the bible is wrong.
>
> here's we some of us just part ways with ya.  the christian claims etc.
> come via the bible and are taken on faith (its authority is too).

Ah, but what's interesting about Christianity is that it is founded, in
some ways, on a *rejection* of the biblical laws that had come before.

Many Christians today argue that the church accepts the "moral" laws of
the Old Testament but not the "purity" laws.  So, if we accept that
distinction, the question facing us, with regard to homosexuality, is
which side of the fence it belongs to.  Is it a "purity" issue (up there
with the laws that forbid polyester and having sex during a woman's
period) or a "moral" issue (up there with the laws forbidding murder)?