Re: Cornerstone dismay

hi again :)

> i cannot believe that God has any problem with
> homosexulaity.  I cannot
> believe that it is a sin.  If the bible says that it
> is, then the bible
> is wrong.

here's we some of us just part ways with ya.  the
christian claims etc. come via the bible and are taken
on faith (its authority is too).  so if we're talkin'
about "wrong" and "right," we have to be clear about
what truths we already presupppose.  the issue here in
question pulls christianity into it.  and although i'm
no expert on this subject, it is a confrontational,
tension-oriented one in that context.

that you can't believe god is and does what the bible
claims is not what's in question.  but, we have to own
that maybe this god isn't the same one.  the identity
issues make the christian god potentially different
from the one you are describing.

i think holly's struggle and frustration have definite
validity given the confrontation i alluded to.  we
can't just dismiss or quell it based on the parameters
of belief of another context altogether different.

-j. marie