Re: otr to go

Gil wrote:

>C-stone lecture this year.
>It was a music video of the man hisself set in the old west and he guns down
>a bunch of demons while singing a country rock tune. It was so tasteless it
>made my stomach turn. Luckily it was used as an example of what NOT to do as
>a Christian in the arts.

You know, you can say a lot of things about Carman, but it takes all types to satisfy the masses and there are a lot of people out there that he reaches.  Just because we think we have refined tastes and we know good art from bad art doesn't mean that everyone else does--it doesn't even mean that we do.  It just means we have an opinion based on our unique tastes.  Some opinions are shared by many--some are shared by few.

If you were someone who Carman appeals to, you wouldn't appreciate someone else telling you that your particular tastes were somehow lesser than anyone else's simply because he's perceived in certain circles as an example of what not to do.  I say to each his or her own, and I hope Carman continues to minister and reach those masses who are ready to hear his message.  They just might not be ready for anything else at the time.

I'm not attacking Gil or anyone else, I just really get tired of hearing regurgitated rhetoric about how much Carman Sucks.  Why can't we simply say that much of what he does doesn't appeal to us?

Follow-Ups: References: