Re: Sonia Dada (No OtR)

--- Sarah Best <best at fuse_net> wrote:

> My friend Phil would send me strange random sound
> files over ICQ, one being
> Sonia Dada.  I loved the song, I think it was called
> "You Don't Treat me too
> Good" I never figured out what album it came from.

Yeah, that's from their self titled one. Great tune.

> (since then I have lost
> it from my musical file) I picked up one of their
> later discs My Secret
> Life.  I don't listen to it much, but I remember it
> kind of has this funky
> soul thing going on in a few songs.

Very funky. Very soulful.  They actually played at the
waterfront in our fair city - opening for War of all
things.  I think it would be really cool to see them
at the House of Blues.

Kelvo

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats