Re: can't sleep, posing

Jillian said:

>>Anyone excited about Amnesiac, or the new Rufus Wainwright album, Poses?
>
>ooh! ooh! meeeeee! i've heard both in their entirety, and i'm muy excited.
>in fact, i just missed ruf-ee at the bowery ballroom in nyc (woohoo
>chinatown!!!) apparently the show was sold out.
>
>i think amnesiac should have been released first. it's that good.
>
>cigarettes & chocolate milk,
>                        jillian.

Yay!  Rufus!  I just saw him a few weeks ago.  Very good show.  His first
CD is ok, not great, but one of those i-haven't-listened-to-in-a-while,
need-to-pull-out kind of CD's.  Teddy Thompson was also along for the ride,
playing guitar I believe.  I just read a review which described Rufus's
voice as "vaudevillian", which I found strangely accurate.  Sorry you
missed the show Jillian!  However, he is touring again on the wotapalava
tour this summer : )

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk is a damn fine song.  In fact, it earned the
starting position on my newly created "Spring 2001" mix cd.  Yummy.  I love
my new burner  : )

OK, since we're on the subject, I've admittedly been one of the last to
step on the Radiohead bandwagon.  I like everything I've heard, just
haven't bought a CD yet.  I've got tickets to their show in a few weeks,
and was wondering which discs were required listening?  Any advice?

That's all - have a lovely weekend!

Dawn

np:  Tegan and Sara - This Business of Art