Re: A couple of things

Lisa Evans wrote:
> cider house rules - the movie SUCKS.  stick with the book.  john
> irving is brilliant.  the schmuck who produced the movie is not.

I tend to agree, which is weird, because John Irving wrote the
screenplay for the film.  I read the book just a week or two
before I saw the film, and I was amazed at how he managed to
remove most of the moral ambiguity and totally change the meaning
of the title.  yeah, stick with the book on that one, indeed.
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"Am I gentrifying my inner neighborhood?"		- Dar Williams