Re: A couple of things

--- Lisa Evans <lisarenee1025 at hotmail_com> wrote:

> cider house rules - the movie SUCKS.  stick with the
> book.  john irving is
> brilliant.  the schmuck who produced the movie is
> not.  stick with the book.
>   it is, by far, the most nauseatingly beautiful
> piece of fiction i have
> ever read.  do not waste your time on the movie, or
> if you do, save it until
> after the book.

So, let me get this straigh...You didn't like the
movie?  You do know, don't you, that it is the only
Irving adaptation on which he served as screenwriter.
It's kind of interesting to read his book on the
making of that film to find out why he made some of
the decisions he made.
Still, you're right.  The book is much superior.  You
can't put an Irving book in a 2 hour movie.

just a thougth...

Kelvin

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats