Re: Legend, Yes, etc.

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:
> > No one argues that nuclear weapons, or Israel, or
> the UN, or television,
> > or jets, or computers do not exist.  Yet 150 years
> ago, an atheist could
> > be excused for spitting prophecies fulfilled by
> these items in your face
> > during a debate.
>
> Um, these items fulfill biblical prophecies?

Nuclear: Chernobyl was, well, reasonably ugly.  So was
TMI.  We all are more radioactive as a result.  The
UN: I could see inroads toward Revelation 13, 14???  I
am not a biblical scholar and might be confusing those
chapters with The Birth of Tragedy.  Jets: Leonardo
had designed aerodynamically correct plans for a
flying machine in what, the 15th-16th century.  He
also was dyslexic.  Television: hmmm... Orwell is
about all I have offhand.  Computers: someone help me.
 There has to be someone.  Israel: again, possibly
Revelation?  Old Testament?