Re: bare feet, christian culture and the pittsburgh concert

--- TYoder at sschwab_com wrote:

> ok, a weird mix of subjects...but here goes.  first
> about rhys' comments about bare
feet....ah....another
> barefooted kindred soul.  yes, shoes are
> protective...but there's nothing like really feeling

> the earth, burying toes deeply into the grass, it's
> cool tickle reminding me that i'm still alive in
> spite of the cold plasticity of the world we humans
> have designed. and there's nothing like dancin' with

> naked feet.

i have to chime in here.  as an avid barefooter, i'm
thrilled to see other people who have discovered the
joys of going shoeless.  i honestly feel, in most
circumstances, shoes are unnecessary - it is only
society's attitude toward barefeet that forces us to
wear the confining things.

for anyone interested in more info on barefooting,
check out:

www.barefooters.org

and i agree - there is a certain "barefootedness" to
OTR's music.  maybe it's the freedom they show in
their music, a desire to experience life to it's
fullest - even through our bare toes.

wishing i could be barefoot at work . . .

=====
'cause like all true believers
i am truly skeptical
of all that i have said