Re: karin, poles, trilogies, and machines

>I still disagree with that fool Bill Maher when he calls Christianity a
>cult, though, in light of all this, should I?  It makes me wonder...

i really appreciated your family tale...and while i also disagree that
christianity is a cult, there seems to be such a fine line in certain
churches. sometimes the actions and flamboyant nature of the tbn people and
televangelists and various charismatic churches just flat-out scares me. i
used to think it was because satan was turning me from the truth (like satan
would want anything to do with me?) but now i realize that it's just plain
scary.

christian culture isn't a *bad* thing, it's just...well, your porn analogy
fits perfectly. it's very limited, and sometimes i think christianity
shouldn't be. limiting oneself just seems to go against the purpose of
following christ (imho). i think being critical without disowning it (if you
are a believer), and not limiting yourself and not buying into the bookstore
believer mentality is fine.

jillian.