Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:34:03 -0600 (MDT)
From: rhys daily <shadow at teuton_org>
Subject: Re: more strange otr content

OTR is barefoot music, i'm convinced more and more. i think i've worn
shoes to one of their concerts (it being in a public place instead of a
school).

i don't think i know how to really wear them, or walk in them. i'm trying
to break in a pair of hiking boots, and i keep tripping as i run up the
stairs. maybe that has something to do with the running part, dunno. or
just stubbing my shoes as i walk around, and misjudging the ends of my
feet. (: it's like i grew some inches without realisng.

when the nice shoe man was helping me find some shoes, though - i came to
the realisation that shoes are uncomfortable, or i am in them.

so i'm kind if feeling awkward, and ungainly. again. but mary's waltz is
playing, and it's awfully nice.

and responding to Matt Messina's comment below....very well put. i am
definitely a critic of christian culture...bitter to some degree, but i
love your analysis.  l&K are truly an inspiration for those of us who get
sleepy sometimes...

Re: Christian culture.  It can be cheesy, it can be junky, but it can also
be capable of great things, such as  OtR and the beloved stable of writers
they recommend on their website.  That much of it is cheesy has to do with
the fact that we are now a subculture.  Think about it, Porn is a
subculture, and it is not exactly a word that invokes images of Oscar
caliber, enlightening, artistically inspired work either.  When a product
only appeals to a limited audience, minimal effort is put forth to make it
transcend the limitations of said audience.  Why bother, time is money.
Anyway, being critical of Christian culture is one thing, but trying to do
something to improve the state of it, as are L&K, is quite another.

assassinated when the mask comes off,

Matt

now, the final subject.....anyone going to friday's concert at the rosebud
cafe in pittsburgh?  i anticipate a wonderful evening....what a great way
to celebrate my 13th wedding aniversary!

back to work,
twila