Re: Type

In a message dated 5/20/2001 10:42:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com writes:

> I wonder if I took the test today if I would score any
>  differently... does the Myers-Briggs assume a certain
>  stoppage in the curve of gestalt development?

I don't think Jung's ideas related to developmental stages, but I haven't
read much about his introductory concepts.  I do know, however, that the
Myers-Briggs theory differs from Jung's original concept in some definitions,
and allows for personal growth.  I think it's an extension of Jung's ideas.

I'm not a MBTI expert by any means, but I don't think it's unusual for your
percentages to differ over the course of your life.  Certainly you're going to
greet life slightly differently today than you did as a teenager, but I also
believe that the general idea of the test is to establish your instinctual
personality-based reactions, which should remain consistent.

I'm an INTP: an NT for certain, but the I/E is very evenly split; the extent
of my
ability to be extroverted depends entirely on the situation.  The same holds
true for the J/P distinction, but I recognize a pattern in this case: I prefer
order in my work, meaning I've learned to be J when I need to be, but when
the consequences are less relevant, I'm less structured, and P-like.

Here are two sites that have extensive 'type' information:
http://www.mbtypeguide.com/Type/types.html
http://www.typelogic.com

> the only interesting
> psychological test ever developed

I agree: fascinating stuff.... and a great source of humor:
Don't miss
http://www.mbtypeguide.com/Type/funny.html

"INTP: "Nerd"
What? you mean people actually talk to each other using mouths and ears
instead of keyboards????"

*grin*
Anita