Re: perfect schmerfect

--- Chris Emery <cemery at columbus_rr.com> wrote:

> That's the whole point, bubba.  That, and see ones
> other people listed that
> I may have forgotten about.

I'm confused.  I offer up a post in which I totally
disagree with you and you respond with "That's the
point"?  I don't get it.  Maybe you could help me see
the connection I'm obviously missing.
And it's Mr. Bubba to you, Pal.

> And if it pisses you off, then that's just a bonus.

Sorry, it was so far from pissing me off that it's
laughable.  Sorry to hear you would consider that a
good thing.

> It's just silly when someone lists 4 different
> Smashing Pumpkins albums.
> ok, so you're a Smashing Pumpkins fan, good for you.
>  Doesn't mean that
> every fucking thing they've released is "Perfect"

That does sort of seem more like pushing a Pumpkin
agenda than even thinking "what albums do I think are
the best."

> I said "most" - a lot of soundtracks amount to
> little more than a greatest
> hits of a certain era/genre/what have you.

I would heartily agree that is the current state of
affairs.  It annoys me greatly when I see a commercial
for a movie and it says "with music by..."  It's
shameless marketing.
I was watching "The Birds" the other night and was
really intrigued by its lack of soundtrack or music
score.  It used to be that films used music, or didn't
use music, as a tool to further the story or
atmosphere.  Now, I can't tell you how many times I've
watched a movie and been distracted by the stinking
music.
That being said, back in the day I don't believe
soundtracks were so much greatest hits, at least to
begin with.  Saturday Night Live soundtrack may seem
like that now, but when it came out it was mostly new
music written for that film.  I think that happened
way more in the 70's and early 80's than it does now.

jat...

Kelvin

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats