Re: beatles

> anything *after* (and including) rubber soul is wonderful... that's when
> they started with more experimentation with other musical ideas and
> orchestration and arrangements...

When did they do 'I Feel Fine'?  That's the song that begins with a bit of
feedback, and that was kinda experimental at the time, wasn't it?

Anyway, I resist the notion that their later music was somehow better than
their earlier music merely because they did more experimenting.  The
Beatles were superb pop musicians, and their early music still holds up
very well next to the later stuff.