Re: and hurling empty things?

> my point wasn't that people's lives are here and it's
> just something we have to deal with.  my point was
> that people's lives _are_ the point.  they _are_ the
> intended topic in a broad sense.  all this music and
> searching tends to be not just "through" but "for"
> relationship and beings--living beings.

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't argue with that.

> so i don't
> think people's lives are easily associated with
> garbage.

Well, relatively speaking... <g>

> we can philosophize all we want, thus maximizing our
> theoretical time; but what is that all for????

Entertainment. :)

> i tend to think it's not a waste if you have it (i.e.
> life) to give and can appreciate it in a less formal
> sense, a more dynamic sense--like on this list.

Oh, I've got /other/ lists that are like that - this just isn't one of them
for me. But that's also why I don't begrudge this list it's off-topic
banter. I know that it's all about what you bring to the table and what you
expect to get back.  :)

paul christian glenn | pcg at runbox_com

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you
tend to see every problem as a nail."
                - Abraham Maslow

"If we don't change direction soon, we'll
end up where we're going."
                 - Irwin Corey