Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #551

i don't remember who said it:

>while many artists will use their music as a vehicle
>to share
>their
>beliefs (i.e. the politics of say, u2 or natalie
>merchant) christian
>artists
>in the mainstream will hide it.

okay, this is the second time in as many days someone
has used U2 to make this particular parallel between
Christian musicians 'preaching' and secular musicians
'preaching' something else.  to me it seems obvious
(if you pay attention to what Bono is singing in the
latest two U2 albums) that U2 would fit more closely
into the category that our very beloved OTR fits into:
something like, Christian artists who are not trying
to preach to anyone, only trying to be honest with
their art.