and hurling empty things?

buenos dias :)

> > i mean, yeah, this
> > is a discussion list about over the rhine.  but
> when
> > we get down to the point of any/all this stuff,
> i'd
> > wager it has a lot to do with the garbage about
> > people's lives.
>
> Yep, that's exactly my point. The nature of a
> discussion list is that it's
> going to drift into areas of conversation that
> aren't necessarily
> interesting to all parties.

i think you're right, but it might be nice to be more
open and accessible than that--if you wanna
participate in any kind of community.

my point wasn't that people's lives are here and it's
just something we have to deal with.  my point was
that people's lives _are_ the point.  they _are_ the
intended topic in a broad sense.  all this music and
searching tends to be not just "through" but "for"
relationship and beings--living beings.  so i don't
think people's lives are easily associated with
garbage.

we can philosophize all we want, thus maximizing our
theoretical time; but what is that all for????  the
only life that exists in those confines has to do with
the source and application of the ideas-- life (e.g.
people's lives).  otherwise it's
vanity...mea-ning-less.

> goes. Nevertheless, I
> /do/ feel like I'm getting more for my money when
> the conversation does
> drift toward the intended topic.

but do you think the greatest gains come from our
intentional pursuit of what we think they are???  as
for money and agendas and intentions--i dunno if i
rely on them as much as i used to.  i don't claim to
live in this time/space world without them--but it's
nice to be flexible and enjoy the open possibilities
of a cracker jack box.

i know that time is money--well put.  but in an even
grander sense, it's only a finite representation of
your _life_-- how you spend it is important.  blood,
sweat, time, money are yours to give.

i tend to think it's not a waste if you have it (i.e.
life) to give and can appreciate it in a less formal
sense, a more dynamic sense--like on this list.

it's a beautiful day,
j. marie