Re: throwing rocks down the hill

[selective deletia, exeunt, hijinx ensue]

> Second, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone. And I do understand that
we have new
>people on the list-- especially now. I also understand that in the FAQ
everyone used to get
>upon subscribing, there was an explanation that we'd had the
are-they-aren't-they debate so
>many times that it was respectfully requested that if anyone wanted to
debate it further,
>they take said debate offlist. So I know I can't be alone in my
frustration.

Indeed, every newfound listie should still be getting that notice.

> And last, I wouldn't call your ideas and your feelings imbecility, and
it'd be nice to have the same respect shown mine. I didn't insult you or
your religion, I just expressed frustration with the discussion itself.
That's all.

Nikki dear, I dragged the word "imbeciles" into it.   Our friend Fred
invoked Jean Baudrillard, and having suffered through weeks of Ye Olde
Christianity Debate (Yea, indeed YEARS of it), my mind was instantly drawn
to Baudrillard's 1997 essay entitled "A Conjuration Of Imbeciles"

You could probably find a link to it, if you're interested in reading it.

> PS: I'm a good shot, normally, but I have a lousy arm. I can't even throw
a ball, much less a rock.

Stick to molotov cocktails.  You get better results that way.

~C
--
NP:  Nothing.  It's fucking time for bed.