Re: F***

> think about it...christians look silly to the rest
> of the world. people want
> to hear about social issues and freedom issues, etc,
> but no one really truly
> wants to hear about following god. it just doesn't
> appeal.
>
> i'm not saying this is my opinion, but i know it is
> the opinion of enough
> people.
>
> jillian.

a tengential friend of mine forwarded to me months ago
that christianity as a general principle is
pooh-poohed and discriminated against in the
"academy."  i have to say, her line of argumenattion
is difficult to overturn.  it's kind of sad, b/c she's
one of those overachievers, very tight and very
critical in her flavour of intellectualism, very kind,
and very much unwilling to abandon her christian
stance or her grounding in great christian thinkers.
try as i might (coming from a jesuit school as a late
teen who was discontented with christianity, where it
probably is no mistake that i picked up a proclivity
toward eastern philosophies), i have to sort of agree
with her stance.

saying, now, as one disontented with the "scholarly
process" in general, yeah, you're right, no one in the
academy (save perhaps for private christian-based
institutions) really wants to hear about nor takes
christianity very seriously.