Re: Goodness gracious

> >Its kind of strange to hear 'finished' versions of 'Little Blue River' and
> >'Goodbye' which have changed (progressed and regressed I think) since I
last
> >heard them played live or on a few bootlegs I have.
>
> Mostly regressed, if you ask me.  And not in a good way.

I think you might get a fair amount of agreement that "Goodbye" has indeed
regressed.  I see the evolution of "Little Blue River" as more of a lateral
movement than either a progression or regression.  It's certainly changed
from what it used to be, but I think the FFR version can't stand on it's own.
 My primary problem with the current incarnations of these 2 songs however is
that neither of them seems to fit stylistically with the rest of the album.

Speaking of FFR...  Mr. Emery has yet to regale us with his opinion of the
disc (excepting the mini-review of "Goodbye" and "Little Blue River" above).
As you were one of the more vocal critics of OtR's post-"Eve" sound, Chris,
I'm curious as to your thoughts on FFR given that it's not exactly GDBD, part
2.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

"I alternate between fantasy and the cold hard truth; I oscillate between the
cool and the uncouth; but I resonate to the piercing eyes of God I sought in
my youth." -- The 77's