Re: F***

> the church is.  i'm still trying to figure out how OtR
> is a "christian" band.  i don't mean that at all
> confrontationally, and i realize there are christian
> refs to god, jesus, heaven, etc., but look at how many
> are on s. mclachlan's *surfacing*.  is SHE considered
> christian rock??

The band has made it pretty clear, I think, that they are not comfortable
with the label "Christian band".  Nevertheless, they distribute their
records at specifically Christian outlets and they play every year at
Cornerstone, which is an explicitly evangelical festival. Add to that the
fact that Linford was involved with several Christian-rock outfits before
OTR, and the fact that they have overtly spiritual lyrics (more so than half
the "Christian" bands that are out there), and and it ends up being a case
of "if the shoe fits..."

Not that I care one way or the other. I'd love 'em and listen to 'em no
matter /what/ they believed. I just think it's kinda odd how they buck the
label of "Christian band" while actively doing things which encourage that
notion.

Another one of those loveable ironies that OTR what they are.  :)

paul christian glenn | pcg at runbox_com

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you
tend to see every problem as a nail."
                - Abraham Maslow

"If we don't change direction soon, we'll
end up where we're going."
                 - Irwin Corey