Re: If You See Kay

> regardless of any assumptions/facts/linford's statement of faith, etc. -
> OtR is a band - A BAND ALREADY! an absolutely incredible one - but just a
> band.
> why do people feel the need to scrutinise whether a band is "christian" or
> not?

Um, cuz it makes for interesting conversation. Isn't speculation and
scrutinizing kinda the /nature/ of a fan discussion list?

> i know we've oft tread this
"boring/mundane/irrelevant/mind-numbing/...path
> before.
> aren't we ALL mature enough to get past this whole bloody labelling
> bullshit?

How is it "immature", exactly? Labels are how language-users identify
things; there's nothing mature or immature about it.  Personally, I think
it's an enjoyable exercise. People start scouring lyrics, interviews,
articles about the band. Interesting tidbits of information come up, etc.

There are a lot of other topics that clutter my OTR mailbox which would
qualify as "bullshit" long before the Christian/non-Christian debate. ;)

> it just makes me wanna' shake something. maybe a bloody mary.
> yeah that's it - i'll shake up a batch of bloody mary's. hold out your
glass
> & i'll pour.

Could I get that without the tomato-juice, please?  :)

paul christian glenn | pcg at runbox_com

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you
tend to see every problem as a nail."
                - Abraham Maslow

"If we don't change direction soon, we'll
end up where we're going."
                 - Irwin Corey