Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #543

i see a bit of a dust storm has been kicked up here.....ok....yes, if ccm
sucks, indeed, turn off the radio. i did that a long time ago. and i do
realize that someone obviously is being affected positively, or it wouldn't
be there anymore. but, my complaint is that in this tiny part of the world
i live in...there's no good options on the radio at all. as a result, my
collection of cds expands.  i also agree that people's experience of
christianity cannot be what is heard on the radio or seen on tv...god, that
would be terrifying at best.

as for this statement:

...The church, and CCM, are earthly things and will always be a mess.We can
only move what we can touch.

of course, i certainly can't argue with that.  but i'm at a point in my
life where it hurts to touch...and i haven't the strength to move anything.
i haven't reached this point suddenly, --finally facing abuse in my past,
and circumstances...nasty circumstances in my church, --- have made me
bitter and disillusioned...and i no longer attend there...except on the
rarest of occasions.  i can't bring myself to attend anywhere...so i stay
home.  i feel as if i'm in some freakish holding pattern...and in this mad
circling...who i tho't god is fades daily...i'm waiting for another image
to emerge...but it's all darkness.  i don't blame the church for this, but
i can't say they had nothing to do with this state i'm in either.  i
realize i alone am to blame, and i alone must walk this road...but right
now i need to rant and rave so that in all the silence i at least hear one
voice....all the silence was deafening me....

                    Owner-Over-The-Rhine@
                    actwin.com                   To:     Over-The-Rhine-Digest at actwin_com
                    (Over-The-Rhine              cc:
                    Digest)                      Subject:     Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #543
                    Sent by:
                    Owner-Over-the-Rhine@
                    actwin.com

                    05/02/2001 03:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Over-the-Rhine

Over-The-Rhine Digest      Wednesday, May 2 2001      Volume 03 : Number
543

In this issue:

     F***
     Re: F***

See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the
Over-The-Rhine mailing list and on how to retrieve back issues.