Re: F***

hmmm...are you pondering what i'm pondering, Pinky?

I think so, Brain, but how is a goat gonna fit in *there*???

don't mind me. just dealing with my forthcoming response. happens sometimes.

being one who has lashed out at "the church" on this list, maybe i shouldn't
be talking. however, i'm considerably less angry than i was then. right now
i'm looking at it from all sides.

sitting around telling the world that it is wrong is just...wrong. standing
on the fringes of mainstream culture and sloganizing it away isn't going to
make the big changes one would hope.

however, sitting around and talking about the reasons the church sucks is
just as bad. i've learned this from all my ranting and raving and bitching,
and then reading the responses i get from people who aren't the "focus on
the family" type. i still have tons of problems with the whole "bookstore
christian" thing, and maybe it's because i'm too eager to please, i can
never be a "radical". i don't think that's a huge flaw. sorry if any of you
do. anyway...i digress...i think, however simplistic this might sound, that
if you really can't stand your church that much, leave it. find another. if
you can't stand any church, maybe that's not the thing for you. maybe you
can find god somewhere else. maybe you just need some time away...whatever.

i sound like a self-help moron now, and considering i just watched two
less-than-intelligent movies in a row, please take everything i've said with
a 3am grain of salt.

my rants are the keyboard equivalent of a carousal....a frat party night of
binge drinking of the mind/mouth.

something tells me i'll be regretting this in the morning.

jillian.