F***

Dan said:

>>>>[1]- quote bootleged from fred<<<<<<

Heh.  :)

Get outta my boots.  That tickles.

Kelvin said:

>>>>He wouldn't hang out there just for the
sake of hanging out there.  And he certainly wouldn't
do it just to shake up the establishment or rock
fundamentalism.  He wasn't about that.  He just did
whatever he had to, without compromising his nature,
to reach folks. <<<<<

Very well said.  I think.  Very well.

Other notes on this: if we find ourselves spending a great deal of time
fumeing about how the mainstream church has it all wrong, we may have
been sidetracked from what we should really be doing.  Which is finding
ways to do good things.  And I don't say, "to make things right."  The
church, and CCM, are earthly things and will always be a mess.  We can
only move what we can touch.

Ahhh.  I keep trying to say seomthing, but I'm too tired.  Look.  There
are very few occasions when yelling "Fuck" in church is anything more
than self-indulgent, self-aggrandizing rebellion; there are better ways
to find others who are discontent with the church, and there are many
better ways to communicate unrest to the establishment.  But why are we
worried about these, like, national specters of Focus-on-the-Family-ism?
We are deluded by mediation.  The national image of Christianity is not
our concern.  We should be in our local church, and do good things there;
if God keeps pointing us at something bigger, but small enough to move,
we go there.  But dealing with CCM is easy.  If CCM sucks, we should turn
off the damned radio.  Most of mainstream music sucks, too; but if even
the most vapid singer out there is affecting somebody in a good way,
then, whatever, leave it alone.  CCM caters to a certain audience.  Yes,
they're selling aesethetic mediocrity.  Yes, that's a shame.  But
people's experience of Christianity should not be the radio.  It should
be the people they meet who say they are Christians.

Out of steam.

Chris said:

>>>Pretty cool! A little creepy sounding at times, but defiantly fun.
:-)<<<

Little known fact, Normy.  That particular typo, "defiantly" for
"definitely," is the #1 typo on papers from freshman.

Brad said:
> [...]
& the Humdrum, said it well: "I trust God, but he hasn't
said too very much. I don't trust his children, they are
saying far too much."<<<<

Evil is a popstar.

Kevin is doddling about finishing his solo album.  Doddling.  Dawdling.

[Imagine Over the Rhine Content Here.]

That is all.

Fred