of bootlegs and such...

prefaced with *IMO*...

bootlegs FAR MORE often than not help to promote
fans' interest in the band/artist.  that's my
main point (it's my only point).

i'm not a big bootleg collector, but i have some.
the bands that i have bootlegs of (acoustic
shows, live stuff, bsides, whatnot) are bands
that i have about every single CD that they've
ever put out.

me collecting bootlegs of bands has many times
made me that much more of a maniacal idiot abvout
their music.  i go to their shows more often, i
buy their shiznit.  tori amos, OtR, radiohead,
ben folds, ozric tentacles, dream theater,
extreme, faith no more, king's x/doug pinnick,
galactic cowboys, yadda yadda yadda... me having
bootlegs of them hasn't hurt their sales any.  if
anything it probably helped them.

in the case of some bands (galactic cowboys), i
got bootlegs straight from the guitarist's hands.
it was funny.  up at a show in chicago, he came
out to the line to find me and give me a "cool
video of them that he found at a local houston
shop."

that is all. [1]

uh-huh,
Dan