Re: Minneapolis

Angealika at aol_com wrote:

> Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you fine people were at the
> Minneapolis show because, so far, I haven't seen anybody mention it.

I've been meaning to, but haven't gotten the time yet.  I was in the way
back row on the end (right side as you're facing the stage).  Would have
been closer, but waited 'til the day before the concert to get tickets
so that my friends (two of whom are new OTR converts) would come.

> myself thought it was an excellent show and well worth the wait.  They

I enjoyed it, but preferred the Fine Line show overall.  One thing that
made this one better, though, was the opening band - I thought they did
excellent.

> started of with 'When I go' and ended with 'Sleep Baby Jane' for the

so they *started* with a downer for us. ;)

> They did a lot of the songs from Films for Radio, which was nice, but
> really was hoping for a little more of the older stuff from the
> earlier CDs.
> I know all the older stuff so well, whereas I've only had a few months
> listen to FFR.

I thought they did a decent amount of older stuff, but it seemed pretty
much all from GDBD or _Eve_, didn't it?  Just thought it kind of odd.

After reading Don's review, tho, I'm kinda bummed we missed out on _Body
is a Stairway_.

> Did anybody notice how horridly hot it was in that theater?  Holy, I

Yeah, it was a bit stuffy.  I was near the doorway, though, so it wasn't
as bad.  Plus I was on the end of the aisle, so I could stretch a bit.

On an overall concert review note, I thought the sound mixing could have
been a little better, but I'm continually impressed with Karin's clarity
and control in her voice.  She's one of the few artists of all I've seen
live who can, with seemingly no effort, belt out anything she wants, and
have it sound crystal clear, whether she's ranging throughout the scale,
holding on to a high/low note, or letting out a loud cry...

Being a semi-new OTR fan (I say semi because I've listened to their
various songs on the radio for several years, but only recently started
building my own CD collection), I was happy to score _Eve_ at this
concert, which adds to my GDBD, FFR, and the Christmas album.  I'm
actually digging _Eve_ quite a bit.  I like the change-up.

That's all for now - gotta get back to work! ;)

Troy