Re: bottle rocket & sigur ros

on 4/4/01 12:42 PM, eustace clarence at ecscrubb at swbell_net wrote:

> (snip)
>> 6. Sigur Ros- album, "Agaetis Byrjun"
>
> i ordered this last fall from cdnow.  it was
> "in stock."  then two weeks later it was
> "unavailable."  i was/am bummed.  i still need
> to get it somehow.  i've heard GREAT things
> about it.
>
> Amazing.  Amazing.  Amazing.  I did a terrible thing, but i swiped the
> entire thing from napster to tide me over until i can get the disc.  so, i
> have no idea what song #'s i like, but, suffice it to say that i prostituted
> myself to Bill from Bill's Records (if you are from dallas, you will get
> that) to get it, and he is having problems (that is sort of like God
> experiencing difficulty while making rain).
> Ah, well.  My recommendation is that everyone on this list do what you can
> to obtain this CD.  It is beautiful, heavy (in a emotional sense), but it is
> very easy to have on in the background since you cannot understand a word
> they say (unless you speak Icelandic).

This CD is absolutely stunning. Try ebay, y'all. I found it on an import
site called World Party or something like that, and they told me they
weren't able to get it, so I found it on ebay. And then, like, a week later,
the World Party one came in the mail. But I sold the extra one to a friend.
This is probably the best headphone CD I've heard in I don't know how long.
Maybe since OK Computer. And it's probably better than that one
(headphone-wise, that is). Really swirling, icy (for lack of a better word.
It sounds like how I would picture iceflows moving - slow, beautiful, and
absolutely monumental), emotional stuff. Get it, yo! I don't know about
other places, but it was playing at the Bluebird in Denver before Rose's set
and after OtR's set last Friday night.

> ken (who has to decide whether to see the supergroup Cush--featuring Mike
> Knott and members of the Prayer Chain and Honey--or our own OtR)

Tough one. I'd probably have to go with OtR. Cush's CD is pretty cool, but
this is Karin we're talking about, man. And then you go to CStone for Cush
(and OtR two more times).

> NP- The Gloria Record

Yet another one I can't recommend highly enough. Both of their EPs are
really great. The first one (the self-titled one that Ken has listed) is
probably the better of the two, though.

np: The Beatles - Revolver