Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #506

Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 23:48:28 -0500
From: "jillian tully" <waytogojane at hotmail_com>
Subject: RE: the movie to the soundtrack

>Perfectly...absolutely...that's why I write.  Keep trying to get the
voices
>out of my head too.  I think it's a triumph in anyones
>writing/singing/whatever that it makes another
>person/animal/alien/cat/whatever see things that aren't specifically
>said...

preach ON, my brother! most people don't get it when i say that a song
makes
me want to figure skate, or that a song makes me think of blankly
lip-synching the words to everyone on the subway, feeling like
miss-understood in a dirty white shirt and angel wings...or that other
songs
make me feel like i'm tripping and falling in slow motion from all angles.
amen. :)

>Pah...who cares about making sense...make other stuff instead!
>
>Jason

2nd entry to the list...still feeling slightly like an intruder.....  : )

wow!  i'm thrilled to hear i'm not the only one who gets transported by
songs! otr is the perfect vehicle for this transportation.  i've described
songs as "flying songs" to people, only to have a blank and somewhat
concerned look in response.  i think that's what i like most about this
list...realizing that there are others out there- along with my husband and
i - that like the same music, books, movies,
poetry..........ahhhhhh....we're not alone.  : )  we live in a very small
town in western md., where amy grant, sandi patti and dc talk are about all
anyone knows of ccm.  but there is a small circle developing that knows and
appreciates the music of such talents as otr, 77s, vol, the choir, lost
dogs, mark heard, mike knott, julie miller, sixpence....and many more.  it
is a small circle...but hopefully with a little bit of sunshine and water,
we'll grow. thanks to the list for also introducing me to other
talents...i'm checking out many suggestions from the list...and hope to
expand my rapidly growing collection.  anyone else out there a fan of bruce
cockburn?

the clock ticks....back to designing baby clothes...

twila yoder