Re: Denver show and such

Hi!

Yikes, Layne, I feel like such a stalker ; P
Of course, you *were* wearing the Over the Rhine shirt at the Lilith Fair!
Made you easier to spot!

I was at both the Denver and Boulder shows.  Both were great!  The crowd at
the Bluebird (Denver) was larger.  The band seemed to be having a better
time at the Tulagi (Boulder) show.  The Boulder show was a relatively late
one.   It ended around 1am, we made it home around 2, which was really 3!
It was worth it though!  I think the band was tired as well, as they came
out to speak with the crowd after Denver, but not Boulder.

Both "official" setlists were  exactly the same, although they did mix
things up a little bit...

At the Denver show they opened with Latter Days, which was not on the
setlist...
World Can Wait
If Nothing Else
All I Need Is
Fairpoint
I Radio
Lil' Blue River
Birds
Moth
Anything At All  (I agree - great new song....They replaced this
w/Poughkeepsie in Boulder)
Bothered  (I tend to like the Eve version better than the Besides version
on this, but this live version was amazing!)
Sleep Baby Jane
Faithfully
Love is a MF
Goodbye
**************
Body is a Stairway
Strength (They replaced this w/Latter Days in Boulder

I definitely think Give me Strength makes a better opener than a closer!
Of course, I'd been looking forward to hearing it the whole show.  I really
like the extra bit of If I'm Drowning in there!

This was the first time I've seen the band live since 1997 and I wasn't
disappointed!  Although the talking was frustrating at times, I was so
happy just to be there, I tuned most of it out!  The majority of the crowd
was sitting for both shows.   Someone gave Karin flowers at the Boulder
show!

All in all, great shows.  I wish they would've mixed it up a bit more.  I
think Within Without and When I Go would have made the experience perfect!
It was great seeing such a turnout for non-hometown shows.  And I think my
friends and I "converted" a few new fans!

Rose was good as well.  I bought the CD,  but haven't given it a thorough
listen yet.  Will letcha know.....

I'll be at the Austin show as well, hopefully that one will be just as
good!  And by then the band will have learned a few more songs : )
(I've never been to Austin, anyone have suggestions as to places to stay,
things to do, etc.?)

Time to work now,
Dawn

np:  U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind

Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> on 03/31/2001 03:37:52 PM