John Irving and FfR

I think I shall find the book about making the
film version of "The Cider House Rules." An
author's commentary on the writing of a book (or
a news story, since I spent my professional
formative years as a newspaper reporter) always
intrigues me. That's why I enjoyed "Trying to
Save Piggy Snead" so much.

As for OtR, I finally got a copy of "Films for
Radio" this weekend. I found it (the only copy)
at Circuit City for $12.99 -- quite a difference
in price when I thankfully passed it over at
Camelot a week ago for $18.99. My first
impressions are good, but I haven't had time to
digest it. "Give Me Strength," an excellent tune,
ends too abruptly, though.

Jeff McCloud
teamccloud at yahoo_com