Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #501

--- Jeff McCloud <teamccloud at yahoo_com> wrote:
 For the record, I liked the film
> version of "The Cider House Rules," but I was
> disappointed because I re-read the book within a
> week of seeing the film. Despite Irving's writing
> the screenplay, the absence of some details was
> tough to swallow.

You should check out his book on making that movie.
He has some interesting explanations for some of the
choices he made doing the screenplay.
Have you read "Trying To Save Piggy Sneed"?  I wrote a
paper a year or so ago using some of the short stories
in that book as well as 'The Water-Method Man'.
He's amazing.

=====
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him during temporary periods of joy."
                               -- W.B. Yeats