Re: Denver show and such

     I got Rose Polenzani's newest CD (self-titled,
published this year).  She was at the merchandise table
in Cincy and I asked her advice on which on to get. The
new one has a band and the earlier CD's are acoustic.
I listened to it several times.  It captures the feeling
of her live performance with Goody.

     I like the way Goody moves on stage and his facial
expressions reveal that he is emotionally involved with
the music, often looking at Rose to keep in sync with
her performance.  I recognized him from his tour with
Peter Mulvey.  He produced Peter's _The Trouble with
Poets_ and played on Rain, and maybe played on all of the
CD's.  His name is David Goodrich.  I bought his CD.
When I played it with RealJukebox the internet description
came up as "New Age."  I guess that is a good description.
It is outer space music.  Technically it has fascinating
experiments with sound.  I had trouble focusing on work
when I listened to it.

--Rick C

Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> wrote:
I really thought Rose Polenzani (sp?) was great as well. The
guy she had playing guitar with her (Goody or something like that) really
complemented her well. I wanted to get some of her stuff, but it's a matter
of figuring out where to start as she had 3 or 4 CDs for sale. Has anyone
picked up any of her stuff? Which one might be a good place to start. I
really dug the first couple she played with Goody in subdued-mode with his
e-bow (on the miniature-looking guitar that almost looked like a mandolin).