moving and things

ever sort through all your stuff, get rid of a bunch and then discover
photos of yourself as a kid - doing some wsilly improbable thing?

i did, cos i'm moving. i have too much stuff, which is being remedied
quickly. (: moving is a way of life sometimes.

anyway - do you ever listen to something, and somehow - you listened so
hard, that it's in your head?

so for me it happened with Ffr.  playing it back in my head while i
sorted/ditched and packed stuff, i hit the lines 'i can't leave the past
alone' and farther into something (bet i'm mixing songs) 'give me strength
to be only me' or the lines in a nother song: 'i grew up south of here in
town - they tore apart for coal..' etc.

those lines all running through my head, and a goofy picture i found of me
and my siblings. so i impulsively called mom to find out what the heck was
going on...i asked her what in the world were we doing in a grocery store
- they serious as anything (which they usualy weren't) and me - head
thrown back, arms out and you can tell i'm laughing. think i was 3.  mom
says someone thought were cute and wanted to take our picture. instant
shyness: i was hiding, they were smiliing. right before the shutter, they
started to stare blankly, and i threw out my arms over my head and
laughed. (: i was 'a quiet kind of serious kid - given to unexplained
laughter' (end quote) good thing i grew up.  sent my parents a copy of the
lyrics from ffr - they're fascinated (:  hope they'll get a listen when
they come to see my grandad. he wouldn't keep the cd - he just moved his
hands around some and kept smiling - i guess now i know - it was me all
the time that he smiled at... somehow i like that more. kissing him on the
cheek is like kissing the wind: not much to it, but pleasant even though
it's gone before you blink...

spring is here, someone tell the weatherman.

rhys

--
If you've done six impossible things before breakfast, why not round it off
with dinner at Milliway's, the restaurant at the end of the universe.