Re: Dangling

jeff wrote:

> stretches the boundaries a little -- but grammar
> rules are there for a reason, so respect them,
> use the properly and certainly don't break them!

hi jeff :)

i use the proper case for objects of a preposition
too, but the funny thing is that this is all hooey.
b/c language is ever evolving.  grammar rules change.
the change in linguistics in the last 20 years is from
an attitude of prescription to one of description.

i'm not saying this to argue against what jeff is
saying :)  just adding another aspect of how we could
look at such grammar rules.

i think it's good to be educated and use the current,
accepted forms called "standard."  but there is
nothing innate about grammar.  it's just a system.  i
mean, look at our usage as opposed to the queen's
english.  for shame.

i'm a damn yankee,
j. marie