re: wheaton concert

i, as well, am a listee who sits in silence letting the comments here posted
go by me like so many misfit metaphors. however i think the time has now
come for me to reach out from my cocoon of safety and expose myself to the
comments of other listees. my reason for emergence: i feel myself called
upon to defend OtR from the recent less-than-flattering statements made
about OtR's recent wheaton concert.
i too was at the concert. however, *i* found myself blown away by the
splendour of the performance. i saw no hint of a possible lack of
preparation. call me biased. perhaps i was too entranced by karin's vocals,
which struck me as a veritable repast set before my ears. needless to say,
the other band members/performers were no less astonishing at their craft
that friday night. i was not there to judge and discriminate; i was there to
watch my favorite band do what they love doing, and do it *well*. maybe
wheaton needs to stop being so perfectionist, and enjoy a performance for
what it's worth. discriminating doesn't mean we discriminate *against*.
btw, what's wrong with jack drinking coffee? maybe he *felt* like coffee.
who are we to tell? in any case, i hardly think it's worth nit-picking
about.
the songs, i felt, were brilliant. i've had 'if nothing else' stuck in my
head ever since the concert. 'little blue river' is rapidly becoming my
favorite FfR song. 'latter days' was stunning. all you need to do is close
your eyes and enjoy. my fellow rhinelander next to me at the concert agreed,
saying 'latter days' seldom fails to bring tears to his eyes. i would love
to see a live version of it on an mp3 rarity sometime.
alas to say, i have not yet ordered FfR, for the good reason of a lack of
funds.
which brings me to an ethical dilemma. is FfR worth going into debt over?
--esther