Re: new thread

On 3/14/01 8:46 PM, quoth the brilliant japhy at mail_utexas.edu at
japhy at mail_utexas.edu:

>    have you ever seen wonder boys with michael douglas? if not then go to
>the video store and pick up a copy. you wont regret it.......id give it the
>proverbial thumbs, but its much more than that. very witty and intelligently
>funny......ridiculous hilarity.

Not that this has a damn thing to do with anything, but this movie was
shot in a large part on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University when I
was a student there. It was sometimes annoying as hell, like the weeks
and weeks of not being able to park because of all the
wardrobe/lighting/makeup/equipment/camera vans all over the place, or
when we couldn't get our racks of costumes to and from the theatre cos
they were filming in the parking lot we had to cross, but on the whole it
was fun. And quite bizarre-- especially when we ran out of the costume
shop to watch Michael Douglas and Robert Downey Jr. doing a scene over
and over again in front of our building. And rejoicing in the
long-awaited arrival of Spring, only to have the grass sprayed white with
industrial snow a week later.

They had to paint over a beautiful, brand-new mural, but the guys who
painted it in the first place got paid to repaint it. And the theatre
department got funds for a lovely new lighting set-up. Yay, showbiz!