Re: FfR weekend listening

Chris Flinchbaugh wrote:
> ...I got a chance to hear the new
> album multiple times. I think I REALLY
> like about 50% of the album, 30% seems
> like it could grow on me, and 20% I
> just don't like (seems filler)...
>
> Highlights: When I Go (abrupt guitar solo)
>                 Fairpoint Diary (Jon
> Brion/Aimee Mann-esque instrumentation
> is fab)

i think my favs so far are: the world can
wait, if nothing else, i radio heaven, and
when i go.  overall, i think the album is
more of an upbeat album than GDBD.

> Song that does nothing for me: I Radio
> Heaven (and I'm even a big Radiohead
> fan) - maybe that'll grow. The lyrics
> seem good.

i liked this song from the first listen.
it seemed really different from most of
the album... i'm still kinda baffled that
people compare it to RH, though.  bruce
said that, too.  perhaps it's got some
different sounds going on, perhaps the
piano and acoustic guitar ala "karma
police," but overall, i think it's still
quite distinctly OtR.  i only drew those
similarities based on people saying that
it was RH-esque before i even heard the
song.  IMO, it doesn't have the soundscape
textures that i normally associate with RH.

maybe karin has a bad lazy eye now, though
...nah, it would suit linford more... ;)

but, i can see "i radio heaven" as a song
that people will love or hate.  and if they
hate it, it'll grow on them. :)

that is your priviledge,
Dan

np: incubus - make yourself