Re: sacred names

Tina-
	While I understand the feeling that Ric took from the corpus of
Thelonius monk for his own gain, frankly Monk really _is_ a a pretty
neutral word.  With all respect to Thelonius (who created my favorite bit
of vocal jazz that I ever had the privilege to sing), I no more thought of
Thelonius than do I think of Ms Angelou when I played _Killer Instinct_, a
game with a woman named Maya in it, or Dubya when I see the bush/shrub
joke in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Ric's 'Monk' and the symbol that it
represents in my head are very different than the experienc and symbol
that I think of in regard to Thelonius.

	I have to say that the same can be said for 'bird', although I
also recognize the reference after you mention it.

	Frankly, when I think of monk and music, I tend to think of the
Carmina Burana (and I believe that's misspelled...)

Regards,
-Drew

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, Midrealm   )
O ^ ^            Disclosing secrets heaven knows since 1992                X
O(_]_) splat.melm.org - just useful bees and the honeycomb - Read goats.com|