Re: good moments

> Michael
> I know exactly what you mean of getting into a code mode.  I have a
> hard time w/OTR while coding, I sometimes refocus and see that I've
> missed several of the songs that I wanted to get that candles and tea
> mindset for a couple of seconds in the course of the day.

exactly (: too dreamlike, or wonderful.  i've been thinking maybe music
has baggae attached to it... when i hear OTR, i remember staying up late
talking about what makes art beautiful to some people, what is good about
meteor showers, why couches make good objects, whether you could turn a
room into code, etc. all to the light of candles or dim lighting and some
tea... comepletely relaxing. or just hearing good jarring tunes from the
stereo while doing homework (half-heartedly at times).

now, when i hear king's x - it's got 'work' stamped all over it. wierd.
nirvana i can listen to elsewhere, though.

> I currently (rotation changes every 2-3 weeks) use Deitiphobia, Five >
> Iron Frenzy and Tonio K to get into code mode.  I will have to try
> King's X, I saw them at Cornerstone awhile back but don't have any of
> their music.

never heard of Tonio K or deitiphobia... what do they compare to?

> The main problem I have is making spec revisions with the headphones
> on at all.  Oops have I done anything but dreamily listen to Like a
> Radio (ASR) for the last 40 minutes....But the guy in the cube close
> to me has this ANNOYING habit of chewing ice for most of the day.

my neighbor listens to talk radio. erk. nothing odder and more
insane-driving than hearing sub-audible words and phrases slip through the
walls and in between your if's... lucky for me, he likes my music, and
asks me to crank it sometimes. that and his hearing is bad (:

> Back to Assembler

ew. high respect. back to the dubious pleasures of ASP. long live perl.

rhys

--
Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't
know the answer to. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams