Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #416

If you are even remotely thinking about buying The Man Who, I say Go! Buy it
now!!! WDIAROM is a lovely song, but I will tell you that it isn't even the
best on the record....many more lovely songs. Travis are worth it! (this
coming from a girl who would sit people down and tell them about this band
with the kind of fervor and persistence usually found in Jehovah's
Witnesses)

Elliot Smith is one groovy cat, too. Figure 8 is a fine album, as are XO and
either/or. XO is the one that has most of the Good Will Hunting stuff on it
(sans Miss Misery though). It's kinda hard to go wrong with Elliott Smith if
you like his style. There are subtle changes from album to album, but it
pretty much stays the same.

That said, go find Coldplay, too. There is much more to them than "Yellow",
and although Chris Martin is no Fran Healy, they are a lovely band and their
album is one of the best things to happen to this world last year (along
with Travis of course).

jillian.

np: chantal kreviazuk - colour moving and still