CD's recommended

I would concur with the recommendation of David Wilcox.  His new CD is
wonderful, but then he has so many good ones.

I've recently started listening to a Jazz pianist named Keith Jarret.  I
bought a double disc called "Expectations" that is beautiful.

Fingerstyle guitarist Jason Dennie has a relatively new CD called "Just
Enough."  It features Sam Bush on Mandolin.  I became acquainted with him
when I saw him open for Over the Rhine at the Ark (www.jasondennie.com)

I'm eagerly anticipating Ashley Peacock's new CD "Trespass 491."  His
opening set for OTR was the best I've seen him and he's a genuinely
wonderful person.

Since you mentioned MONK, both Mike Georgin(Bass) and Josh Seurkamp
(percussion) have nice solo projects. Georgin's "The Line Between" mixes
ambient sounds with free jazz.  Josh's Brand New CD is "Garden of Sound"
and is on the independent Blue Jordan Label.

Those are a few that come to mind as worth checking out.

Bill Keith

P.S. I agree about Eminem.  If I hear another critic fawn over him I'll
get sick.  I've heard enough of his whiny voice to last me for awhile!

--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools