Ash, Georgin, Seurkamp, and Eminem (no relation whatsoever)

Bill Keith wrote:
> I'm eagerly anticipating Ashley
> Peacock's new CD "Trespass 491."  His
> opening set for OTR was the best I've
> seen him and he's a genuinely
> wonderful person.

ditto.  i'll be seeing him fri/sun.  i'm
awaiting his new one, but i don't think
he'll have 'em with him.  i heard some
of the new tracks while he was in cinti
back in september.  they sound great, a
lot better production than on "gasoline
rainbow."  anyway, the new one should be
cool.

> Since you mentioned MONK, both Mike
> Georgin(Bass) and Josh Seurkamp
> (percussion) have nice solo projects.
> Georgin's "The Line Between" mixes
> ambient sounds with free jazz.  Josh's
> Brand New CD is "Garden of Sound"
> and is on the independent Blue Jordan
> Label.

yep... mike georgin's "the line between"
is great, and his new one "live at york
street" is beter, IMO.  i think he sells
it through his website (probably
http://www.mikegeorgin.com/) if you're
not in the cinti area to get it at a show.

josh's CD is good, too.  i just picked it
up a few weeks ago.  katie reider, mike
georgin, ric hordinski, david eberhardt,
and john zappa all play on it.

> P.S. I agree about Eminem.  If I hear
> another critic fawn over him I'll
> get sick.  I've heard enough of his
> whiny voice to last me for awhile!

while i'll admit that he's an utter
asshole, and while i'm not going to fawn
over him- i will admit that i have one
of his CDs and actually like it (and i'll
probably get the other one some time).  i
like his style much more than his content-
sometimes his content makes me laugh, too,
though.

don't take him seriously.

anyway, he's only TWO (2) DEGREES away
from OVER THE RHINE:

eminem -> sampled a dido armstrong song
for his song "stan" (she also guested with
him on SNL) -> OtR covered a dido song for
a TV show (and possibly for the new album)

yep.. 2 short degrees.  i just thought that
was interesting.

that is all,
Dan

np: brainchild - mindwarp