Re: New Music

In a message dated 1/17/01 4:01:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<<
 In the spirit of Amazon and CD Now's "People who bought this album also
 bought THESE albums," my CD rack is full of: OTR, Monk (obviously), Peter
 Gabriel, Dar Williams, Sting, Kate Bush, Joe Jackson, Squirrel Nut Zippers,
 Harry Connick, Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan, Dave Matthews, XTC,
 Squeeze, Suzanne Vega, Ben Folds, Pat Metheny, Frank Zappa, lots of 70s
 progresssive (Rush, Yes, Genesis, Tull, etc.) -- just so you get an idea of
 what I like.

Sounds  like you have a pretty diverse collection. Here are my
reccomendations....

Rufus Wainwright---- piano driven pop with touches of opera & Tin Pan Alley.
This is
                              Loudon Wainwright's son, but he's not just
living in his father's
                              shadow. This kid is good. A very promising
songwriter. His
                              music has a timeless feel.

Radiohead----  if you like progressive rock, I think  you would find
Radiohead quite
                      interesting, particularly Kid A, or OK Computer.

Martin Posen--- a great, but relatively unknown fingerstyle guitarist from
Toronto.
                        Has a new album Triple Heater. I might have his e
mail address
                        somewhere. If you're interested contact me.

Ryan Adams---- a talented singer-songwriter, who is also the frontman for
                        Whiskeytown. Similiar to Dylan, though a bit more
country
                         than folk.

 Violet Burning--- I only have their self titled CD, but I love it. They're a
great
                         underground band. I would call it wonderful white
noise
                         with extremely passionate vocals.

Bill Frissell---- GOOD DOG HAPPY MAN. This is  a great CD of instrumental
                      country-jazz hybrid. Outstanding.

others.....Emmylou Harris, Bjork, 77's, Tom Waits, Coldplay....

perhaps you or somebody else would like to be notified about the artists I
feature on my radio show Sound Painting. It is on 1610 AM WACW in Wilmore,
KY. That may be out of range for many of you, but I send out occasional e
mails the artists I feature (many of whom most in the mainstream haven't
heard of...like OTR, Martin Posen, Jan Krist, Richard Dreuding, ect.) Just e
mail me if you're interested.

Brittney

Beric123 at aol_com