Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #392

In a message dated Wed, 3 Jan 2001  6:17:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
OncleBoo at aol_com writes:

<<

Peter Mulvey - The Trouble With Poets (thanks to all you midwesterners who've
raved about this guy for so long.)

Hey, I'M the one who started screaming and shouting about him way back in '96
after the Christmas show. And I am NOT a midwesterner. I wish I were, though,
sometimes-- he never comes to Philly any more!

I'm pondering my Top-10 list. It just occured to me, though, that one of my
top songs for the year has to be Sting's "Desert Rose." Yummm!

Top Band: VNV Nation. (Not least cos I got to kiss the singer! Wooty woot!)

Top new turn-on: Buffy and Angel. Brain popcorn!

Top Achievement: Decorations and A&R for the Trocadero Theatre for a really
big Gothic music event held here in Philly, the Halloween Dracula's Ball.
Then again, maybe it was finishing a Chinese brocade corset with a new
pattern. Becoming manager of a Faire shop? Getting a new job? Hmm. Maybe it's
just been an all-round good year!

Top Show: gotta be the OtR show at the Tin Angel a few weeks back. Latter
Days has indeed become a new song. OtR has become a new band-- the old band I
used to get completely jazzed about. But they're new, too. It's just like
they used to be-- only different.

Hmm. I think I need some sleep.

Silly Ysoie....