Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #392

Stepping into the OtR fray...Steve from Southern California (not the Corona
Steve)...

As a sick individual who reads top ten lists like one of those junkies from
High Fidelity, I must now drop my dime of bands:

Bruce Cockburn (pronounced Co-Burn for you who would slander the man-Waiting
For A Miracle:  Singles 1970-1987

Pavement- Brighten the Corners (the finest in indie rock)

That Dog- Totally Crushed Out

Remy Zero-  Villa Elaine

Catherine Wheel-  Chrome (this band slays me...they're metal, they're
beautiful, they move me...weird huh?)

The Sundays-  blind

Paul Westerberg-  Suicaine Gratification  (i cannot get enough of this
ex-replacements frontman...this album can make you cry like Latter Days made
jillian cry)

The Replacements- All Shook Down

Johnny Cash- Love, God, Murder (a 3 cd set that kicks big butt.  bono writes
an essay for "God", Roseanne Cash writes one for "Love", and guess who does
murder...Quentin Tarantino(sp?).

James-  Laid  (this album will have you weeping instantly.  beautiful)

peace on earth to the otr list, (veiled new u2 reference here)

steve g. of san dimas